COVID-19 Alert Level 4: what this means for your business
We’d like to assure you that The Accounting Hub is fully operational at Level 4. More about how we can help below.
Here’s what the Government announced today, 23 March:
- New Zealand moves up to COVID-19 Alert Level 3 – Restrict
- New Zealand to move up to COVID-19 Alert Level 4 – Eliminate, in 48 hours
- Two-staged approach to give people and businesses time to prepare
So how will your business be affected?
From tomorrow, 24 March:
- Workplaces must implement alternative working with everyone who can to work from home
- Non-essential business in NZ must all close, including bars, cafes, restaurants and cinemas.
- Supermarkets, doctors, pharmacies, service stations, and access to essential banking services will be available throughout New Zealand at every alert level
Government support for economy, workers, businesses
As of this afternoon, the Government announced significant further support for the economy, workers and businesses as the country unites to prepare for Alert Level 4 in the fight against COVID-19. This is additional to the support measures announced on 18 March.
Cabinet today agreed to remove the cap on the Government’s wage subsidy scheme, which will inject a further $4 billion into the economy over the next eleven weeks.
- The Government is expediting urgent work on new income support measures for all workers above and beyond the wage subsidy scheme, to be appropriate for how the economy will operate under Alert Level 4.
- The Government, Reserve Bank and retail banks have agreed in principle to significant temporary support for mortgage holders and a business finance guarantee scheme for those impacted by COVID-19 as the country moves towards Alert Level 4. The details of this will be announced in the next few days.
- Cabinet has agreed to freeze all rent increases and to look to extend no-cause terminations to protect people during this difficult time.
- Self-employed people and businesses that are less than a year old will also now be eligible for help
We can help
We would like to reinforce that The Accounting Hub team are still 100% operational. Like many of you, we are having to adjust to working from home. For some of us having the kids at home too, we may be a little slower to respond. But we will respond. Please do get in touch.
More about how you can get help for your business.