Free expert advice for Auckland businesses
New Zealand recorded its sharpest quarterly contraction and officially entered recession as second quarter economic data was released this week. The median forecast of economists polled by Reuters showed GDP shrinking 12.8% quarter-on-quarter in the three months to June. The strict pandemic lockdown measures battered economic activity, but the economy has since somewhat bounced back. Still, there is a lot of uncertainty ahead.
Let’s look at what’s happening to help businesses in Auckland at a regional level.
Auckland regional support
Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (ATEED) is the region’s economic development agency and an Auckland Council-controlled organisation. Their programmes aim to help make Auckland a desirable place to live, work, visit, invest and do business. It has supported thousands of businesses affected by COVID-19 this year by giving them access to fully funded expert advice amounting to $10 million.
If you haven’t connected with them, now is the best time to get consultancy services in the following key areas:
- HR, employee relations and legal – including restructures, employment contracts, legal obligations and HR processes, and ownership structures
- Financial and cashflow management – including cashflow forecasting, business scenario forecasting, capital raising and debt restructuring
- Health and wellness – including health and safety plans, employee wellbeing plans and stress management coaching
- Business continuity planning – including crisis management, pivot strategies and business continuity plans or business resilience plans
- Marketing strategy – including plans for marketing, product launches, digital marketing and reaching new customers
- Digital enablement strategy – including social media strategy, ecommerce strategy, website optimisation, and digital customer journey mapping
- Business hibernation (for tourism businesses only) – including business debt hibernation processes and scenario planning
Register with Regional Business Partners
Those who haven’t previously accessed support from the Regional Business Partner have to register on the RBP website first. You would need your GST number and NZBN number to do this. Meanwhile, Auckland businesses already registered can email the ATEED Business Helpdesk for their application, even if initial support from the COVID-19 Business Advisory Fund has been accessed.
If you would like to chat about your business, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We can help you develop a plan for your specific situation.